The 10th International Pulsar Timing Array (IPTA) workshop on the detection of nano-Hertz gravitational waves, using an ensemble of millisecond pulsars located in our Galaxy, will be held at Pune, India between June 10 to 21, 2019. The meeting is aimed to
- foster close interactions between researchers working on individual pulsar timing array (PTA)experiments
- provide detailed hands-on training for young researchers on the nuances of gravitational wave data analysis and
- to develop links with the wider gravitational wave community.
A status update from the established PTAs and the emerging PTAs will be presented along with detailed discussions on various data sharing and data combination issues relevant for the IPTA consortium. During the first week (the “student week”), experts in the field will share their knowledge and organize hands-on exercises to explore the data-sets and data challenges. During the second week, the active researchers in the field will help to advance the frontiers of our understanding through presentations and discussions on the road ahead that include various challenges and strategies. Apart from invited and contributed talks, updates from IPTA working groups and panel discussion on policy issues regarding the sharing of data and resources are included in the science program. A one day visit to upgraded GMRT is part of the program.
Pune is located in the western part of Indian subcontinent, with a 1000 year history rich in arts, culture, education and science and is home to approximately 6 million people. It is host to major scientific institutions, large automative industry and technology companies with several multinational companies operating from the city. Thus, it has a diverse population. There are several historic and scenic places near the city, particularly for a pleasant exploration during monsoon.
- First Announcement : November 15, 2018
- Pre-registration opens : November 15, 2018
- Second Announcement and registration opens : February 15, 2019
- Last date for Hotel Booking : March 15, 2019
- Last date for Abstracts : March 15, 2019
- Last date for early registration : March 15, 2019